Written on Modified on
TURCK INTRODUCES SMART FORKLIFT SYSTEM FOR AUTOMATED PRODUCT TRACKING
The Turck RFID Forklift System consists of the Turck Vilant Forklift Client software and an RFID reader cabinet, antennas and accessories – all delivered together to make it easy to fit a user’s application.
Turck Vilant Systems has introduced a smart RFID Forklift System that can be installed on nearly any type of forklift to make tracking inventory through the warehouse easy.
The RFID Forklift System from Turck is a non-contact, automated asset tracking system mounted on an existing forklift. Turck RFID readers and 2 – 4 UHF antennas enable reliable tracking as the forklift moves throughout the facility. Proprietary software installed on each reader minimizes stray reads from assets not carried on the forks. Asset movement is communicated to the client’s ERP as a forklift moves pallets of products or parts into a different location. Event data includes what the asset is, the new location, and a time stamp. These events can be queued if the forklift is out of Wi-Fi range and sent when reconnected. A system can be set up with multiple independent forklifts all communicating with the client’s backend system.
Features of the Turck RFID Forklift System:
- Non-contact solution – reduces manual tasks, increases efficiency and eliminates human error
- Easy retrofit installation on most forklift types
- Integration into existing ERP for enterprise and factory-level monitoring
- Device-independent software that can be run on multiple tablets, handhelds, readers and panel PCs
- Keeps record of all warehouse transfers made with forklifts
- Stray read filter ensures accuracy
- Logs all RFID asset movement for product or batch history